2011.12.21 18:11 kingedwardxiii Truckers
The best trucker subreddit out there.
2023.06.03 18:46 dreamingofislay Feis Ile 2023 Day Eight - Ardbeg Day Recap (6/3)
| || | submitted by dreamingofislay to Scotch [link] [comments]
That's a wrap, folks! Feis Ile 2023 has been an incredible experience, and it ended with a bang on Ardbeg's open day today. The chosen crew for Operation Smokescreen, a free single-cask tasting panel
The angry smokecloud residing in every bottle of Heavy Vapours
- Ardbeg Committee members could enter a lottery for a free experience called "Operation Smokescreen" in the runup to the Feis. I signed us both up, and my wife won a place! Here's what she could disclose to me. During the Operation, the fortunate 50 or so fans entered an elaborately decorated mad scientist's lab, where they tried samples from five Ardbeg single casks and Ardbeg 10 at cask strength. The mad scientist in question was Gillian Macdonald, the company's master blender. Working in teams, the lucky ducks offered tasting notes on the five casks using Ardbeg 10 as a reference point. My wife guessed that the Ardbeg crew will blend these cask types to make a new expression, perhaps an upcoming Committee release.
- This year's open day single cask release (495 pounds) was an 11.5-year-old whisky aged in a first-fill amontillado sherry cask. Even at that steep price, the line was massive, and it kept up all day, never letting up as new arrivals joined in. I saw stray bottle flippers grabbing as many as they could and then immediately leaving festival day, which is a real shame.
- I missed Bruichladdich and Bunnahabhain days doing activities at other distilleries, but I cannot imagine anyone does it better than Ardbeg. Their day is a fitting capstone to the week because they go all out. Elaborate decorations (this year, giant green octopus tentacles hanging from the windows, and comic panels all over the walls); staff in sci-fi and superhero costumes, along with savvy guests; and by far the most activities and games of Feis week. The entry ticket was 10 pounds but was a bargain: two drams, a "smokie" (a smoked fish), a mini-glencairn glass, and a scavenger hunt-style game that could earn another dram. And the crowds were the biggest we saw all week, by far.
- Aside from offering the whole core range and the Heavy Vapours festival bottle as those two included drams, Ardbeg also had a cash bar with very reasonable prices for rare or pricey whiskies, including Ardbeg 25 for 20 pounds and Supernova 2014 and other old Committee releases or Feis bottles for 10 pounds. The bartenders also had very heavy hands. A single pour was enough for my wife and me to split, with me filling up a 20 ml sample bottle and still having leftovers to nose and sip. There was also a fun game of chance where, for five pounds a play, we drew a surprise dram from a set of small mailbox-like lockers. The pours ranged from the standard Ardbeg 10 up to Twenty-something, Renaissance, Alligator Committee Release, 25, etc. In our three plays, we got the Heavy Vapours, 8-year-old For Discussion, and Traigh Bhan 19-year-old Batch 4. Not too bad!
- There were tons of games and activities. One of our favorites was a comic workshop where people could draw this year's "Heavy Vapours" villains or heroes (from the Planet Ardbeg comic book series) on merchandise they purchased at the gift shop. In my wife's case, she got a free lab coat from Operation Smokescreen and later added her own hand-drawn touch to it.
Farewell to another spectacular week with the best whisky-makers in the world Ardbeg Heavy Vapours Festival Bottling
- In contrast to other distilleries, Ardbeg festival day tastings are booked day-of. We jumped on the 1:30 tasting, led by distillery manager Colin Gordon and two employees, including Emma, our tour guide from yesterday. The tasting covered (1) new make; (2) Heavy Vapours; (3) Blaaack; (4) Supernova 2014; and (5) this year's Amontillado single cask. The price was 50 pounds, up from 40 pounds last year, and was held outside thanks to the spectacular weather. While it was nice, it was also mobbed - there must have been over 70-80 people in our tasting group. The pours were well worth the cost, although I preferred other experiences earlier in the week with smaller groups or more organization.
- We saw the swan couple again alongside the Ardbeg pier. Throughout the week, they proved themselves more dedicated festival attendees than we were.
- Note from last night: Lucci's Bar at the Bowmore Hotel is another iconic Islay watering hole, and Peter is an absolute encyclopedia of whisky knowledge. The bar had live music on Friday night; we left around midnight to a heartwarming rendition of Auld Lang Syne.
- Looking back at my notes, I tried 85 whiskies in 8 days on the island, so I'm ready for a vacation from this vacation. We're heading to Skye next and will visit three more distilleries in the next week or so, but nothing like this pace (thankfully).
- This is the 46%, slightly diluted version of the Committee Release we tried yesterday, but it's very similar. It has a dry presentation missing some of Ardbeg's brighter fruit notes, so it almost seemed to have a hole in the middle of the palate. I'm not a big fan, so I wasn't tempted by its 120-pound price tag. Ardbeg 8 y.o. For Discussion
- I'm wondering why Ardbeg would release an 8-year-old whisky, but it's hard to complain about a new, age-stated, higher ABV (50.8%) Ardbeg at a fair price of 60 pounds. This pretty much tastes like a champion's breakfast of a lemon muffin and two cigarettes. If released in America, we'd call this "Ardbeg Bottled in Bond." Good stuff. Ardbeg Blaaack Committee Release
- Alright, hello, this is different. This has lots of ripe orchard fruit, berries, and other rich flavors. On the finish, moreso than on the nose, I get a healthy dose of vanilla. Subsequent sips got more acidic and less pleasurable. Ardbeg Supernova Committee Release 2014
- This whisky epitomizes what it means to be peaty, not smoky. This whisky is a blend of very peated barrels (or barrels that expressed that character more than normal), but the type of peat is a vegetal, floral, and earthy melange, not the ashy smoke typical of Ardbegs. It's surprisingly mellow on the palate, and on one particularly good sip, there were hints of Boston cream donut on the finish. Ardbeg 11 y.o. Amontillado Single Cask Feis Ile 2023
- In watches, one way to distinguish between quartz watches and mechanicals (which are more of a luxury item) is by the movement of the seconds hand. Quartz watches tick, while mechanicals have a sweeping, smooth motion. But some super-high-end mechanical watchmakers include a feature called a "dead-beat" seconds hand, which ticks like a quartz watch. So for an extra $10,000 or $20,000, that feature makes a very expensive luxury watch look, in one way, like a regular quartz. That wasn't just random wristwatch trivia, folks; it was a very long metaphor for the fact that this single cask tastes a lot like my favorite bourbon, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. It has a very oaky but sweet nose, and then a mix of fruit, brown sugar, and more charred wood on the palate before wrapping up with a dried-fruit-and-oak finish. On the one hand, I love every part on it. On the other hand, why would I pay $620 for a scotch that tastes like my favorite $80-100 bourbon? This is the dead-beats seconds hand of the scotch market. Ardbeg Traigh Bhan Batch 4
- I started getting palate exhaustion by this point. This dram seemed very subtle and balanced, especially in this day and age when almost all Ardbegs are well under 10 years old. The dried glass surprised me with a distinct deli ham note when we got home from festival day. This is a savory Ardbeg, and pretty different than the original Traigh Bhan from 2019. Ardbeg 10 Cask Strength
- OK, one quick pour at home, just to confirm this is as good as I would expect. It is. The "soot and fruit" core character of Ardbeg shines through. Yesterday, I almost asked our tour guide yesterday whether Ardbeg would ever consider doing a 10 at cask strength, since Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength is my favorite series of whiskies. After tasting this, I am holding out hope. Delicious.
And some stray notes from the Bowmore Hotel last night ... Bowmore Vault Edition No. 2 Peat Smoke
- It's so funny, this dram was supposed to highlight the peaty/smoky side of Bowmore's moderately peated spirit. Instead, it hit me with the clearest, most powerful prune note I've ever gotten in a whisky. Not the most complex, but a delightful surprise. Kilchoman STR Cask 2019
- STR is an experimental cask finish involving shaving, toasting, and recharring (hence, S-T-R) old wine casks to mature whisky. Based on this one, I'm not the biggest fan. Like a dried-out bourbon that had its sweet notes sucked out of its nose before mummification. Arrrrrrrdbeg!
- This pour was pretty pricey, but damned if it isn't worth it. The nose is minty and features starfruit, anise, and mukhwas, with more of those fresh fruit and spice characteristics on the palate, along with a balanced dose of cigar smoke peatiness. A mellow and self-assured Ardbeg, and a fitting tribute to longtime distillery manager Mickey Heads. Bunnahabhain 12 Cask Strength 2022 ed.
- Aberlour A'bunadh is like the Two Face of whiskies for me; half is amazing, but half is harsh and hot (even though we mostly drink cask-strength whisky). This dram is the good half of A'bunadh: spiced cider, sultanas and trail mix dried fruits, cocoa powder, all in a rich and syrupy whisky.
The complete week's recaps are here: Day One, Lagavulin Day Two, Bruichladdich, but we skipped and did Bunnahabhain Day Three, Caol Ila Day Four, Laphroaig Day Five, Bowmore and Ardnahoe Bonus notes from Days One through Five Day Six, Kilchoman Day Seven, Bunnahabhain Day, but we did Lagavulin and Ardbeg warehouse tastings Bonus post with my personal festival awards
Slainte all, and thanks for reading! I'll do a writeup in the next few weeks with some booking and logistics advice, if people are interested.
2023.06.03 18:01 chicityhopper What are BBA programs so different ?
I’m looking at 4 different local business schools and each is vastly different then the others. Some are heavily focused on sales, accounting or logistics. Some have no focus and make you do several internships for a grade. Some just go over general business ideas and end with a capstone project? Why is there a discrepancy and how should I choose a BBA program to go into?
submitted by chicityhopper
to college [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 22:05 Smooth-Mood1774 Am I doing enough?
So I’m a current sophomore who will be taking the SAT this summer. I turned down an internship bc I didn’t want to over book my summer and give myself less time to actually study for the SAT + it was kinda sketchy (Borgen Project). I’ve already done two internships and I’m doing a research internship which I’ll be credited in when it’s published in journals. However, I feel like aside from the research and possibly applying to some writing competitions and other minor competitions in my intended major, planning for the next school year by starting coursework, and starting some projects and creating detailed outlines for future projects I’ll start once I’m done with the SAT, I’m not doing enough. I was just wondering, am I doing enough to prepare for college apps or should I be doing more? For more context on me - Asian Male High income Intended Major: Poli Sci, IR, etc. All w/ intersectionality in Environmental Science and Econ. Sophomore w/ 3.97 W(3 APs this year, 5 next, not allowed any freshman), 3.875 UW
EC’s - - 2 internships (both at state wide firms) 1 (paid) with an environmental institute where I did research and presented my capstone project a conference full of lawmakers and experts. Another where I did policy, economics, and legal research at a well reputed advocacy organization. - Research at a t-100 university in labor Econ with 1 prof at R1 and another at R2. Published in IZA and credited. - Research at a t-5 in political economics. Not published or credited yet. Big data collection mostly. - Director of logistics & Co-Founder of a local public speaking organization for young kids. - Tutor for debate, public speaking, English, math, science, coding at a local tutoring firm. Paid. - Environmental Committee and Economic Development Committee for my County - Student Representative - FBLA Director of Events at my School - Swim Varsity 2 years - YT production channel with 100k+ views and 2k subs where I post my beats, edit the videos, market, and make the cover art (Do everything for it). Awards: - DECA ICDC 3x qualifier (EIB, BFS, PMCD) - 4 in state at SCDC (BFS) - FBLA Regional Econ Finalist - World Food Prize Youth Institute International Delegate and Borlaug Finalist (Presented at international conference w/profs at t-50 and t-20 uni’s + scientists from NASA Goddard institute, research published) - DECA SCDC instructional award
Any suggestions on what to do would really help and I’d really appreciate it if anyone could tell me what to work on!
Thanks so much!
submitted by Smooth-Mood1774
to chanceme [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 21:04 Rich_Extreme4794 Roast my resume: Senior with no internships looking to get into PM, WM, ER or trading.
submitted by Rich_Extreme4794
to FinancialCareers [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 17:05 SchlesingerMindy323 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in ID Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in id. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by SchlesingerMindy323
to Idahojobs [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 16:03 PritchettRobert506 [HIRING] 21 Jobs in Minneapolis Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in minneapolis. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by PritchettRobert506
to MinneapolisJobsForAll [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 15:16 No_Competition4897 [HIRING] 20 Jobs in Portland Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings , feel free to comment here if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by No_Competition4897
to PDXEmployment [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 17:32 PritchettRobert506 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in NC Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in nc. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by PritchettRobert506
to NorthCarolinaJobs [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 17:05 PritchettRobert506 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in ND Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in nd. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by PritchettRobert506
to northdakotajobs [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:51 Dangerous-Bag-7327 [HIRING] 20 Jobs in Austin Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in austin. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by Dangerous-Bag-7327
to AustinJobsForAll [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 17:14 roobzpainting Just graduated from a top public health grad school last week. 73 applications since 4/19. interviews from 2 places, 12 rejections. whats up?
submitted by roobzpainting
to Resume [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 13:38 subo321 data science Course in Bangalore
Nearlearn introduces understudies with incorporated blended learning, making them specialists in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
Endless supply of this current Master's Program, Participant will receive the certificate from Nearlearn in the Data Scientist courses on the successful learning path. These certificates will vouch for your aptitudes as a specialist in Data Science.
Data Scientist is probably the hottest profession. Nearlearn predicts the interest for Data Scientists will ascend by 28% by 2020. Nearlearn’s Data Scientist Master's Program urges you to master abilities including statistics, hypothesis testing, Data mining, clustering, decision trees, linear and logistic regression, data wrangling, data visualization, regression models, Hadoop, Spark, PROC SQL, SAS Macros, suggestion motor, administered, and unaided learning and then some. This Data Scientist Master's Program covers broad Data Science training, joining Classroom educator drove classes and self-paced learning co-created with Nearlearn. The program finishes up with a capstone project intended to strengthen the learning by building a genuine industry product enveloping all the key angles learned all through the program. The abilities concentrated on right now help set you up for the job of a Data Scientist.
submitted by subo321
to u/subo321 [link] [comments]
2023.05.24 15:16 No_Competition4897 [HIRING] 20 Jobs in Portland Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings , feel free to comment here if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by No_Competition4897
to PDXEmployment [link] [comments]
2023.05.23 19:53 kr15001 Critique my resume
submitted by kr15001
to FinancialCareers [link] [comments]
2023.05.22 16:00 Kaiser_Randy Looking for participants!
Hi all! I am conducting a capstone project and need participants! My topic is an agile sustainable supply chain and explores the perceptions of supply chain and logistics personnel regarding agility, continuous improvement, and sustainability in the supply chain.
The project involves a Zoom interview of no more than one hour.
You can be a participant if you meet the following criteria:
· Supply chain management background
· At least 5 years of leadership experience
· Experience in companies with at least $10 million annual revenue,
national footprint, and consumer-packaged-goods from the US retail industry
If you are interested, please email me at [[email protected]
). Thanks so much!
submitted by Kaiser_Randy
to SupplyChainLogistics [link] [comments]
2023.05.19 17:50 Dangerous-Bag-7327 [HIRING] 21 Jobs in Jacksonville Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in jacksonville. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by Dangerous-Bag-7327
to JacksonvilleJobForAll [link] [comments]
2023.05.17 20:01 cerahk Resume Review for a Career Change
2023.05.05 18:47 Key-Conclusion-3897 Undergraduate dilema
Which track sounds better from a data science point of view? My undergraduate offers two tracks on a specific requirement for graduation. The first track is Capstone with two courses:
"Capstone 1": "Principles of data mining; regression, classification, and clustering in data science; Group capstone project. "
Week 1: Python review Week 2: Spark Week 3: Data concerns Week 4: Linear and logistic regression Week 5: Project matchup Week 6-7: Classification Week 8: Model Evaluation Week 9-10: Ensemble learning Week 11: Clustering Week 12-13: Deep learning Week 14-15: Natural language processing and then "Capstone 2":
"Data streaming and continuation of second half of capstone group project. "
The other track is "Machine Learning" with also two courses:
Principles of data science; web scraping; data wrangling; exploratory data analysis; data visualization; ethics; version control; data communication.
Week 1-2: Basic Python, numpy and pandas Week 3: Git and GitHub Week 4-5: Importing Data, Web scraping, Using APIs to get data Week 6-7: Data wrangling Week 8-10: Data Visualization, data storytelling, dashboards Week 11-12: Data biases, ethics, and privacy Week 13-15: Introduction to machine learning and case studies
Supervised and unsupervised learning; model evaluation; recommendation systems; natural language process and unstructured data; deep learning.
Weeks 1-2: Machine Learning Basics Weeks 3-6: Supervised Learning Weeks 7-9: Neural Networks and Deep Learning Weeks 10-12: Unsupervised Learning Weeks 13-15: Extended Case study with Natural Language Processing
I am very concerned about which track should I choose. Can I have some feedback from you guys? Thanks in advance!
submitted by Key-Conclusion-3897
to datascience [link] [comments]
2023.05.03 18:09 Talonflight A "casual veteran" hopes for 7.0 and beyond
Its no big secret that the game is going to keep going on, but its also starting to run into logistical problems, as well as needing new content, and starting a new story arc. This is just my personal hopes for 7.0 and beyond.
None of my "ideas" or hopes are based on anything more than rumor, speculation, and occasional words by Yoshi-P and should not be taken as "THIS IS HOW ITS GONNA BE" or even "This is how I THINK its gonna be", as much as its sort of an "I kind of hope this is how its gonna be, maybe."
- Level Caps at 100.
- I know, I know, put down the torches and pitchforks. But Yoshi already told us, that going past level 100 feels "halfhearted". Also, ever increasing damage numbers already led to problems that required a "stat squish" already. Implementing a solid cap means that they are free to continue to build up content around a baseline, and heads off the problem of needing future stat squishes, at least to some extent. Obviously, gear will begin to be a form of progression a while longer as well.
- New Classes
- Every class still has to fit in with the "heroic-ish" theme of FFXIV, so we're clearly not getting Necromancer. Berserker might still be on the list as a dual-wielder axe or sword class (since Ninja doesn't really fulfil the iconography of dual wielding beyond daggers). PrivateePirate/Corsair may be on the horizon as a reverse-RDM, where its got long melee combos that culminate in a ranged blast with the gun as a physical caster? Idk, just a personal idea. A proper "pet" class might be fun like Beastmaster or Puppeteer, since Summoner has sort of moved away from that kind of fantasy. A DoT focused class like Green Mage, Poisoner, or Druid could be fun. Geomancer is cool but its fantasy kind of got folded into Gaia and then again is rumored to just be the Eastern methods of doing Conjury. Onmiyoji is cool but is, again, just an eastern themed way to accomplish an already existing magic system. Beast is a concept I saw thrown around for a shapeshifting class, using beastly claws. I don't see them bringing in Onion Knight, Ascian, Rune Knight, or Time Mage, their concepts already exist as seperate things (astrologian = Time mage, Rune knight = red mage's flavor, Ascians isn't a job its a race of people, Onion knight doesn't have a dedicated weapon, etc). FFXIV ties weapons to classes, so I could see a Whip, a Dual Wielder, Claws, crossbows. Obviously they could make an all-new weapon like they did for Sage, so thats on the table too.
- Either way, I just really hope we get more classes pre-90. I don't think they're going to stop releasing classes, but my hope is that these new classes are made available during the levelling journey. Assuming they follow their previous trends of releasing a class 10 levels behind the current expansion, we can see 2 possible classes starting at 90, as has been the previous format (maybe 3, if we hearken back to the olden days of Heavensward, or start bringing in mid-patch classes like they did with Ninja and Blue Mage). That being said, I'd rather get a new class that a new player might be able to go through the whole story with, from ARR, than get yet ANOTHER class that I only get to play with at 90. For those who don't want the experience of levelling up another class through the entire 1-100 experience, well, thats what level skips are for, and perhaps there's an option if you've completed Endwalker to 'jump' your new class to 80 or something for a sped-up levelling curve.
- Glamour and the Glamour Dresser
- I know that the Glamour Dresser is a mess of spaghetti code. THats fine. I just want it to work fine.
- I hope they remove the restriction on glamours. Maybe keep the restriction on stuff like Job Gear that you get at the climax of the job stories like the RDM's 70 gear, or Gunbreaker's 80 gear, or Reaper's 90 gear, etc, but just let us cross class. "Class Identity" means nothing when the catgirls are tanking in bikinis, there's already Heavy Armor in the Red Mage glamours, the White Mage is in a chicken suit, the Machinist is in a Nier Automata outfit, and the Ninja has two swords larger than a Lalafel. Job Identity can be saved for the uber cool "capstone" outfits that are supposed to be unique, but levelling gear and pvp gear at least should be able to be equipped by all.
- Progression beyond 100
- We cannot endlessly add more skills. Every new class adds more balancing headache for the devs, and only a very limited amount of skills can comfortably fit on a hotbar and be usable. Therefore, especially with a stated design goal of 100 being the max, we probably will not have new skills after lv100.
- Classes/jobs, as they stand, will still be available in 100+ content. New stuff below this is just an alternative, idk.
- This is something I've tossed around in my head now, but our WoL currently is still using other people's Soulstones. Soulstones are like cheat codes to learn a skill; the person who made the soulstone took their time, learned their skill the slow way, via years and years of training and learning. This Soulstone, when we 'equip' it, instantly gives us a 'starter set' of power that lets us slowly absorb this knowledge. What if, once we finally hit level 100, we finally can craft our OWN soulstone? If levelling will halt past level 100, then perhaps, finally, this is a chance to use some of those leftover systems from 1.0 and 2.0 that have been slowly blocked off from player access as time went on. The game is spaghetti code, but there are systems in place that can still be utilized for good. In order to add a class to your 'soulstone', you must have gotten that particular class to level 100. This "soulstone class" would be a Limited Job, but unlike other limited jobs would be permitted in level 100 content.
- Part 1 of making your own soulstone would, of course, be to pick a favored weapon. This weapon chosen also selects your basic character animations; pick a sword and shield, get Paladin autoattacks and casting anims. Pick a White Mage? Get White Mage casting anims and autoattacks.
- Part 2 is picking your preferred combat role; healer, tank, or dps. This effects potency of attacks as well as some of your base stats. If you're a Tank, you're not going to do amazing healing, and if you're a healer, your HP goes down, etc etc and so forth through the roles. This also effects your glamour (Though I seriously hope we just get to equip anything we want ffs square)
- Part 3 is picking your rotation. This is where it gets crazy, so bear with me. Blue Mage already has a system of picking out a rotation for yourself, and Lost Actions make it so that you can cross-class decently in some content. This is a new style of that sort of thing; you build your own rotation and skillset, assembling an arsenal of abilities taken from the various classes that you have levelled to 100. Want to embrace the uber edge and have a Reaper that can cast Fire IV? Sure! Want to be an epic healer, but want to make your weapon of choice a Longsword and Shield? That is on the table now too!
- Part 4 is where older systems begin to come into play. In 2.0, the player had a stat system; they could allocate their stat points to HP, Magic, etc, all those lovely and terrifying numbers in the Character screen. This system returns for this Soulstone Class, letting you specialize your stats; do you want to be a better healer, or do you want to be a better DPS? Do you want to be tankier, or do you want to be a glass cannon?
- Part 5. The levelling. This Soulstone class will not start at level 100. I don't really know what would be a good starting point; level 90 feels too high, but level 1 feels too low. Having a levelling up experience also allows players to not be overwhelmed by Step 4's stat allocation, since some of it is drip fed to players by levelling up. Similarly to Blue Mage, the Soulstone gets a buff to EXP gain when adventuring in the open world and doing fates n stuff.
- New Lands
- Merycidia is an easy pick. I'd like to explore the lands Bozja and Orbonne Monestary take place in a bit more as well. I feel like Kugane's countryside, outside of the port city, might be a fun time as well
- New Capital Cities
- Ala Mhigo and the Doman Enclave need to become actual Main City hubs. The amount of hype these cities had only to be side stuff is criminal.
- Garlemald main city needs to be repaired and become a hub zone post 7.0. Maybe make "The Restoration of Garlemald" a new side content for crafters/gatherers to help rebuild the hub.
- Hunts for Sin Eaters who are on the verge of becoming new Lightwardens should be repeatable ultra rare Hunts/Fates on the First. When they happen, the weather of the area should become Everlasting Light again like it was during MSQ. Storywise, the hunting party has to kill them before they become Lightwardens again and start making another outbreak of sin eating. This gives a repeatable boss encounter similar to Odin in the Shroud.
- I am of the opinion, that similar to the above, every expansion deserves an ultra rare worldboss fate. Here's some of my ideas in no particular order
- ARR - Odin (already there, hunts the shroud, gets the Tension weather when he's about)
- Heavensward - Spirit of Vengeance - A ghostly spirit of a dracolich, an undead dragon. This dragon did not accept the ceasefire of Ishgard and the Dragons, and now hunts the Coerthas Westarn Highlands. Lore reason for reforming is that it has a phylactry that it reforms at.
- Stormblood - Spirit of Bardam - A wandering spirit of Bardam, seeking to participate in one more Nadaam. The Sky in this zone is filled with fireworks when Bardam wanders. Bardam wanders the Azim Steppe.
- Shadowbringers - Infant Lightwarden (described above). lore explanations for it returning is random wandering lightwardens from areas of the Empty that are not yet fixed by Eden, since Eden will take years to fix the Empty.
- Endwalker - Ghost of Fandanial - the lingering spirit of Fandanial, tormented by his fate, wanders the Moon seeking what remains of Zodiark. When he's wandering, the Lost Spirits of Ascians once more wander the moon as enemies.
submitted by Talonflight
to ffxiv [link] [comments]
2023.05.03 13:13 timewreck MLIAN: II
If military installations can relocate like sports teams, there might be an increase in recruitment and retention due to a diversified demographic. It could become a real estate tycoon if they pitch it right to create foundations for new towns every twenty years. There might be a considerable drop due to conservatives believing it’ll dilapidate the set culture in the South-East of the U.S. as the name changes were already enough; the potential to having it self-funded can outweigh the odds if they do research on which surveyed locations seems desirable for potential soldiers. (just food for thought)
For a car about to reach ten years, it still works and feels like a charm, besides the few minor routine maintenance and detail work that I have to do with it in the near future. I might keep it till 2035 or until I outweigh the benefits for an electric—early. I think consumerism is off-putting, especially with the idea of updating a phone and other gadgets every two years to look cool.
I’m planning to delete this post as it’ll help me proofread, edit, and delete some of the thoughts and views I had before—to better myself.
If I get double the amount of clothes and musical instruments that I currently have… I’ll be humbly satisfied. A nice shoreline loft in San Francisco would be the icing on the cake. I get this weird feeling that I trigger my liberal and conservative friends and coworkers with my moderate views of equality—at times when someone wants to spark up a political conversation…
Some of the shit I’ve committed in the past made me cringe horribly bad. Somewhat grateful that I’m no longer in that phase anymore.
Personally, I don’t really admired graduation ceremonies even though I’ve never experienced one because of my stubbornness to see the bigger picture of it being a capstone to a new life. I’m not going to attend my upcoming graduation next year nor master’s; as that’s what I did for my high school and technical certification… now knowing there’s a late ultimatum whether to attend my sister’s or experience the infamous Bonnaroo musical spectacular—that had to be canceled for two consecutive years. My date almost got a bit touchy when she gave me her opinion. I’m internally screaming silly curse words for canceling plans for the second time (the first was due to their own decision to refund everyone their money; due to campground flooding). I was actually supposed to graduate this year, but things got a bit complicated. I’ll probably only attend my doctorate graduation if anything… it sort of eats me away that I’ll probably be four to six years older than the national average, but I am beating the statistics in some ways.
I never have thought I’ll be dating a divorce attorney in my life… hopefully things get serious even though our lives will grow distant once we both move back to our home state. if I decide to move to Georgia after my police escapades in California… ugh, I’m such a goober hopeless romantic.
I think having a fake mantra of California as the best state to ever exist is hilarious. Not sure if people are just playing with my emotions or actually being serious when they talk down about my state, I honestly don’t care, I just love the fact that it gets to a point where we agree to disagree. It’s like saying peanut butter is better than chocolate when little to no statistical factors are involved.
Top five songs from Californian bands that I want to learn every single part once I get more instruments: 1. Green Day - 2000 Light Years Away 2. Queens Of The Stone Age - Misfit Love 3. Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning 4. Metallica - (Anesthesia)—Pulling Teeth 5. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born On The Bayou
Top songs from everywhere else: 1. Tame Impala - Breathe Deeper 2. MGMT - She Works Out Too Much 3. N.E.R.D - Deep Down Body Thurst 4. Ed Sheeran - Shivers 5. Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi 6. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking 7. Imagine Dragons - Natural 8. Taylor Swift - Karma 9. Death Cap For Cutie - Here To Forever
Umma stop trying to update the list; it’s taking up more time than it should. Besides from that, I would like to master all genres just in case I get a daughter (not planning to have a child anytime soon).
If I do move to Georgia, I’ll probably have custom Resident Evil, Manhunt, Silent Hill, Dead Space, and other scary video game themed decorations for Halloween since houses are a quarter of the cost.
I think the next irrational decision that I’ll probably do is buy a LiveWire Harley Davidson in two years, and hate myself for it until it’s completely payed off… or maybe I should lease it. Sounds like a lame purchase for most of the commonwealth, but I rather relish in the technological engineering that’s happening in the present and the future. Plus, I don’t want to be tempted to do stuff like most adrenaline junkies with sports vehicles; it’s a scene that looks and feels primitive… I really want to find a job field with nothing but intelligent and mature colleagues who’ve dedicated their leisure and effort to obtain the highest amount of knowledge to make every coworker’s life easier; which I’m inching my way to get there… I really want the vibe that I’m the weakest link, but not really because I’ll constantly burnout and transfer my emotions in and out of work to my family (vise versa), but to a point where civilization just feels obsolete and more barbaric than what it already is to me.
I haven’t been making music or practicing because I rather focus on sleep and education… I sleep way too much, but I love it. I feel like an old soul. I’ll probably have ChatGPT help me out with some of the lyrics; I do believe I can generate a riff and drum beat if I simply play a chord/percussion and apply a randomizer, delay, and arpeggiator plugin after the recording; and just select a section that seems appropriate to just rehearse when it has been recorded and generated into a midi input. ChatGPT can probably do the same with sheet music, but I haven’t ventured too much into the product… I totally forgot that I have expensive third-party plugins that already do that, but some of them still aren’t compatible with the new OS, like always. It’s one of the reasons why I stopped paying for upgrades. (Fun Fact: I still have to use USB dongles to verify my accounts and software even though they’re moving away from that era. It was like an access card whenever you go to certain music studios, if they aren’t already stingy enough; it’s mainly to fight against piracy)
I need to watch out for double negatives within my sentences. Listen to music for eight straight hours puts a structure dampener… all I think about are similes, and how to use a vague lyric to relate to a current event. Mayhem breaks loose inside my head as the cure to instantaneously unscramble my neurons tend to fall short until the very next day. Being around certain people with a limited vocabulary selection does have the same effect.
Even though my workspace has been wonderful for the most part, I’m starting to feel that my main love language is words of affirmation. Love sick for not receiving a text in the first twenty-four hours kills me, lol. Being in a relationship with someone who’s job takes up majority of their time can be worrisome even though our next date is on Saturday.
BEEF is such a good show. Although I’m only on the third episode, the fashion coordinator for Amy’s family is doing an enchanting job, and the struggles Danny hits me pretty tough. It’s been a cool minute since I’ve been to Southern California… I’ll probably rent out a Tesla and explore if I can liquidate my camping equipment and festival pass since my sibling’s university is down there. The negative wonderment on why I didn’t try as hard as she did will eventually happen since it’s one of the schools with the lowest acceptance rate. At least all I can do is be proud that I’ve push her by being somewhat of an influence; I actually could have graduated at the same time as her but shit happens.
I don’t believe I’ve ever had a job without institutional discrimination and racism in it.
I’ve when listening to Incubus for the past couple of days now; and it’s a bit concerning… but I guess I’m at the point where I’m trying to learn their music theory or something.
I need at least two more belts, one expensive and one economical. I was thinking on Montblanc and Shinola. Although I don’t drink soda or sugary beverages anymore, I’d like a pack of Shinola Cola occasionally for nostalgic and hipster vibes. I do miss drinking Jones Soda as well. I’ll probably advertise a photo on one of their bottles when I release an album or have a child… I would like a Saint Laurent or Gucci belt, but my emotions should not manifest with the iconic brand and look like I’m superior to anyone else.
I sometimes feel that the injunction of Bonnaroo or my sister’s graduation worsens. The materialistic affirmation of sending her an exorbitant gift instead of my presence is a better alternative. I was never really there for her. Even though she sort have followed in my footsteps under secrecy but with a more righteous attitude towards academia and music. My persona is there, but the facade of my net worth is lackluster as I spent most of my income on unnecessary music software, contemporary clothing, and friends whom seem to never understand how expedient gentrification was eating us away all through our early twenties compared to most states.
Although I’ve been maintaining a positive body weight for the most part, I might want to lose ten pounds just so the muffin top when I sit down can go away… even though I look decently beefy in a beneficial way; my dating demographic might change, I totally forgot if I look attractively skinny or not.
I might start with the basics by buying one or two of Brooks Brothers’ dress shirts… I do love the Orr sweater from Taylor Stitch. Reminds me of Catch-22, and the knitting looks proficiently done in a manner that’s appealing. I’ll probably get it next month along with ties.
Just bought another pair of chinos; I might need to see myself in khaki before I buy that variant. Not sure if I have to keep searching, but most of the ones that I see—don’t have a slim enough taper to prevent myself from appearing fatherly… maybe I just have to pay alterations even more to get the style that I want with the chance of ruining it.
I wonder if I’m a bad influence if wanted my sibling to skip her graduation to attend Bonnaroo? She’s not at all upset of the offer, but my parent wants to see her child walk the stage. The circumstances of my mother’s neanderthal lifestyle going to a music festival as well are very slim even if it’s all accommodated. I’ll probably give my momma bear a bit more gifts since a pair of running shoes doesn’t sound enough for my age. I was thinking of flowers, and a niche belt from Nieman-Marcus…
It’s been a weird Tuesday; tomorrow’s a new day, so I’ll most likely end my day a bit early. I cried for some dumb s**t because the schedule got pushed forward, and I was a bit careless, but it felt nice knowing I was human. My side goal for this month, and a bit of June, is to perfect three types of tie knots in under fifteen seconds, on myself and mirrored…
One thing that irks me the most is feeling dependent in awkward situations; but these vulnerabilities does affirm the bonds of all team members and strengthen minds in most cases.
…although my level of mental illness is lower than most people I encounter, the only quirk on the list worth mentioning is adjusting my mood so that I’m not much of a bystander, even when both parties lack common interests. The total opposite when I’m on dates… intermediate gaslighting and deflecting is my only problem that I’m working on the side. If I mess up another relationship, I’d probably be close friends with a therapist and career counselor just to analyze if I’m attracted to intricacy rather than simplifications of common intensiveness.
I might want to move to Los Angeles or somewhere Northeast after a short phase back in the Bay Area… Georgia might still happen; the psychological template of quick assurance of one’s love to another is burned within my mind. I’m pretty pessimistic at times, but it’s infrequently.
Currently watching Only Murders in the Building. Although it was recommended a long time ago, it’s still a marvelous show.
I’m not sure why I spontaneously started to buy AGSU pieces today… I slightly regret it with a passion, but it’s always nice to have two sets of formal military attire ready for abrupt notices.
Sometimes I feel like Reek(Theon Greyjoy) from Game of Thrones whenever I catch myself over-flattering my overseers. Seeing some of their protégés backlash with personal goals that involve temporary military employment or manners of superseding their expectations and boasting with disrespect—makes me clueless about what to express emotionally. It’s always sympathetic yet ecstatic at the same time for all the biased opinions from the past. It’s been like that throughout all my jobs. Whether it’s because I was undereducated, overqualified(possible competitor towards supervisors), or wasn’t a specific demographic.
I might want to get my Ph.D. in psychology… then again, the last time I read one of those textbooks, it caused my life to turn for the worse in the best way. If I do, there might be a more significant chance I’ll never want to raise children, even if the commonwealth will deem me trivially miserable. Still, at the same time, the older I get—it just makes more sense to have a few because of humbling experiences, an increase in wealth, and overall body comprehensiveness of one’s health will make me lean toward being less stressed about it.
I was thinking of taking my date to a music studio to produce a song professionally just for the fun of it. I’ll probably make a rough draft beforehand and have her sing like Doja Cat in the end… I just searched the artist up beside the music that’s out there. I hope her mental health gets better.
I’ve been putting off most Hulu originals off for quite a while because I wasn’t interested in watching through the commercials. The Bear is actually pretty good, and it makes me wonder how my life would be like if I worked at family owned restaurants during my time in trade school and college… back then I wanted to own a restaurant, automotive repair shop, record label, ext. but I don’t even know what I want to start in my late thirties besides becoming a flight instructor on the side now.
I want to learn ASL and Mandarin for the fun of it… and brush up on my Spanish. It’ll be helpful when I get calls around San Francisco or somewhere in the Bay Area, even though I would prefer Korean or Japanese over Mandarin due to the popular cultures, I wouldn’t want to be classified as one of those dorks who would abandon their set ways for the stuff they see on the internet. The FLPB pay will be a nice incentive on the side.
Lawyer girl & I broke up. Mutual respect towards the end; I was too clingy—to be blunt… something tells me she was just having a rough time coping with leisure as she worked on her cases.
I’ll probably try ranger school during my last few years in the Army or Air Force to cross it off my bucket list. Failing wouldn’t be much of an option… it’ll give my children a reason to strive for resiliency in a respectful, non-douchebag way whether they decide to join the military or not. Watching them become a command sergeant major or lieutenant colonel in the Army would be an interesting experience, but I do have a strong feeling they might want to just go warrant for ten years and get out. I hope my commitment issues with careers doesn’t follow them into their relationships.
I really hope my future kids don’t inherit my over-the-top, academy award cries. I think that’s the only Hispanic thing about me.
…not sure why I expected a much more up-tempo response to where my career was taking me before meeting someone. A part of me disapproves of the new change as I did with the current successor. My only hope is for the best—as new wisdom from a different perspective will emerge and influence others to make a difference with or without constructive slack.
Respectfully, I wouldn’t mind new changes as long as they aren’t too scandalous, cliquey, and dry at social gatherings… I find it strange how there are moments where the chain of command seems they only groom Caucasians or light-skins. Moreover, I’m getting a chance to understand their mental illnesses at a closer glance now that they’re leaving.
The theory of my temporary speech impediment is due to being suppressed most of my life. It’s a mixture of the uneducated people around me and not being allowed to express my opinions to an extent. The only benefit from those two is that you learn from other people’s mistakes to become a better person. Yet, there is a side that never wants to analyze those exact mistakes within the demographic.
A part of me wants to marry a Caucasian due to trauma and all the subliminal stereotypes of privilege… which was never the case until the realization of the severity in the South; before that, I mainly wanted someone who was my height or taller due to the irrational statistics of getting possessively recognized for just breathing—if a slight glimpse of potential was seen. What’s funny is that the world would have been much more advanced if us humans weren’t so fixated about looks than intellect.
I would like to reserve a sensory deprivation chamber one of these days.
This ethics class that I’m taking is slightly messing with my mind about numbed concerns that I used to contemplate about, maybe because I’m putting myself in debt again, which is somewhat encouraging my emotions to become a bit sporadically negative when dealing with social situations. Whereas materialistic things only fill the void for the moment. That and my roommate’s online friends are racist. The subconscious habit of doubting righteous acts from other backgrounds will eventually be conditioned as other things spark a concern, such as his interest in nazi culture and having the confederate flag as his wallpaper for specific software applications. He’s been improving for the most part, but there are moments were he relapses into a weird trance. Overall, he comes from a dysfunctional family in one of the lowest-ranking states regarding education. Being around him doubts my confidence if everyone is mentally sane.
I’ll probably see a psychologist to professionally document a checkpoint of my current state for next week… and possibly have that information passed down to some military logistics office for statistical research on ethnic minorities. Still, I doubt that it’ll even impact anything as there are many outside of the system who give people reasons to treat them contrarily to the norms.
A Man Called Otto made me realize that maybe it isn’t much racially driven than daily grievances… even though I don’t see anyone gifted enough to be labeled as a genius or close to it. The movie feels like if Grand Torino was made in 2022.
Watching Tokyo Vice reminds me that I still haven’t played L.A. Noire. What’s diverting is the fact that I rarely play video games. This also brings up taking my XBOX Series S apart to dust it and apply new thermal paste sometime this year.
After watching Footloose for the first time, the amount of deranged activities the teenagers would commit puts me on edge with how many people tried to reenact the same stunts after beings influenced by their rebellious nature… but I’m not going to lie about wanting to go to a ranger regiment to promote my trap, and EDM beats when I was younger. Now I’m just about trying to be more family-friendly as a police officer and part-time crew chief for the military… with CDJ3000s.
I need a pair of cap-toe and plain Oxford shoes from Charles Tyrwhitt. What’s weird is that I repeat phases every decade like it’s an unknown brain pattern. Dapper, heroic-ish, intellectual awareness, and career therapy.
One thing that I totally forgot to purchase is a scale to measure my body weight... I'll most likely upgrade to Garmin once my relocation back to California is situated. Not sure why I feel unhealthy mentioning that even though I’m concerned above average nowadays.
There are awkward moments where it feels like my atmosphere conditions my mind to remain stagnant or depletes it, especially when they have a formless vocabulary that’ll complicate any objective. My cognitive potential to configure enriched sentences is still limited as people demand unvarnished explanations due to a lack of attention or understanding.
I’ll probably grow out my hair this winter; before that, I’ll see a dermatologist to see if it’s more of a mental stigma than sensitive skin.
TIL Sleigh Bells and Juice WRLD sampled a song from a playlist I was listening to… I might do a cheat day for a Popeye’s sandwich tomorrow.
I have to work on my filtering. It hurts me knowing that I was about to bring back painful memories of a family member for their faults. It's one thing just to let them be themselves without your presence than to cause more issues that will only lead nowhere. I think Stockholm syndrome at work and around a moderately dysfunctional family are two different entities(marriage counseling, lack of regulations, ext)... I’ll probably get over the needless trauma once my career progresses into a different phase, whether inside or outside the military.
I believe people with unconscious racial motives can change.
One problem that brings me to a dark place is the lack of an affirmative action policy inside the military.
Currently halfway through the Harry Potter series for the first time; and it's hell-bent to know how the students are completely bipolar about the main character’s motives.
How can a person believe in justice and liberty if equality isn't a part of their morals?
I want to get Cubase one of these days just for the live multiple-user editing tool... but at the same time, not many people would like to get another DAW besides Ableton, FL Studios, and Logic Pro. I still haven't gotten a chance to purchase the last one. It’ll most likely happen when I go to the Reserves, as I also need to pay to update most of my software.
A part of me wants to buy more hiking and workout attire for lazy days. Still, I have to focus on what’s necessary... but I could build niche suits out of Uniqlo, Banana Republic, and Zara pieces if I wanted to go that route to feel like an average human of not be too concerned about dirt and scuffs. I’ll probably start with that, then move to high-end brands for special occasions that don’t last all day.
submitted by timewreck
to u/timewreck [link] [comments]
2023.04.21 16:10 artteacherthailand Resume Feedback Needed
I have not had any success with my resume. I have made so many edits I can’t see! This is a pairs down version of my resume, it’s typically 3 pages listing all of my relevant contract work. I’m looking for spiritual care or social Justice oriented work. If I can get an interview I can get the job, but I’m not getting interviews. Advice?
submitted by artteacherthailand
to resumes [link] [comments]
2023.04.18 02:21 Holdingtiliwin Degree Question-Business Administration, Management
I have 15 classes left. I am accelerating and have passed 7.5 classes this semester already. I have til June 1st for this semester. Im wondering if its possible to knock the rest out by the end of the year? Which ones listed are harder than most?
submitted by Holdingtiliwin
to WGU [link] [comments]