Pulmonary Fibrosis Advocates is with one goal: to use positive and effective advocacy to speed delivery of effective treatments by giving voices to the voiceless for Pulmonary Fibrosis.
PF is more prevalent than Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
PF is more prevalent than Cystic Fibrosis.
PF is as prevalent as Breast Cancer.
And yet, there is inadequate government research funding. No widespread public awareness. No breakthrough research. And no FDA-approved treatment.
Pulmonary Fibrosis Advocates lobbies on behalf of all PF patients, family members, caregivers, clinicians and researchers.
• To influence federal legislation and administrative agency actions important to the PF community.
• To increase government research (NIH/NHLB1) and drug approval/support (FDA).
• To raise funds for research.
• To dramatically increase public awareness for PF.
• To make a positive and hopeful difference in the lives of current and future PF patients.
We need your help. Please voice your support of PF Advocates by contacting your members of the U.S. Congress. PF patients around the country and the world depend on our involvement.
Brian Baird, Ph. D.
Former President, Antioch University-Seattle
Former United States Representative
J. Chris Coetzee, MD
Minnesota Orthopedic Sports Medicine Institute at Twin Cities Orthopedics
The Trilogy Group
Program Director Client Services & Strategic Initiatives
AVP Federal Relations – AT&T
David Perlman, MD
University of Minnesota
Lisa Sandler Spaeth Memorial PF Research Fund
Johns Hopkins University
Mark A. Shreve
Founder & CEO
Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis (2001-2009);
Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (2010-2011)
C. Thomas Vangsness, MD
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA